With DIY everything now a days, why not add baby wipes into the mix. We are so concerned with all natural, and not using chemicals on our little babies, but have you ever checked your store bought baby wipes? Take a peak at those ingredients, and you will find chemicals that you can barely pronounce.
With homemade baby wipes, you control the ingredients used. Everything that goes in them, you can specify for your baby. This is the magic of doing it for yourself. So lets get started.
Here’s a list of ingredients you can start off with.
- One roll of a heavy duty paper towel
- Sharp knife or pair of scissors
- Tupperware that fits ½ of the paper towel roll
- 1 ½ to 2 cups luke warm distilled water (tap water if boiled)
- Equal parts (1 tbsp each) pure liquid castile soap, pure aloe vera, and pure witch hazel extract (no alcohol added)
- 1 to 2 capfuls vitamin E oil
- 6-10 drops of your favorite essential oils (I like chamomile, it’s great for sensitive skin.)
Start by taking your paper towel roll firmly in your hand, and cut it down the center with your knife or scissors. This is a little tough, but muscle through it. Then place it standing up within your Tupperware.
Take your wet ingredients, and mix them in a bowl. Add your essential oils to the fragrance you desire. You can proceed to pour this mixture over your cut paper towel roll.
Your homemade baby wipes are now complete. You can clean with confidence that there are no harmful chemicals lurking in your baby’s wipes. Experiment with your mixtures, and do what you feel is the most beneficial for your baby. Allow your wet ingredients to soak into the paper towel. This can take a few minutes, but you want it to saturate all the way through. Once you feel the towels are fully wet, grab hold of the cardboard roll inside and pull it out. By doing this, it should pull the inner wipe out, starting your easy pull roll.