Trick-or-treating can be fun for ghouls and goblins of all ages but keeping our little loved ones safe is our number one priority on this fun filled spooky night! The following tips will ensure an enjoyable and safe evening for everyone!
Stay Well Lit
- Carry a flashlight with you to ensure your child’s path is lit at all times.
- Apply reflective tape on your child’s costume
- Have your child wear a glow in the dark bracelet, preferably one with your name and contact information in case they wander off (custom glow in the dark wristbands available at www.brandnex.com)
Choose a comfy Costume
Avoid Masks. Masks can make it difficult for your child to see or breathe. - Choose a bathroom-friendly costume that’s easy to remove if nature calls
If your child is under the age of one make sure he/she will be nice and warm from door to door
If your little one will be walking make sure he/she wears comfortable shoes
Pick a treat or goody bag that's not too heavy. Try a backpack as it keeps those little hands free to carry a flashlight.
Timing is Key
- Start early and finish early before your child gets worn out and tired
- Feed your little one before heading out
- Insist on having him/her using the restroom prior to leaving
- Take pictures before trick-or-treating while everyone is well rested and happy
- One hour is more than enough time for trick or treating. And make sure it doesn't go past your little one’s bedtime.
Check the Treats
When sorting through candy at the end of the night, be sure to throw away any candy that is not in its original wrapper, or looks as though it has been opened.